Pernicious anaemia, or folate (Vit B12) deficiency anaemia is accompanied by the development of autoantibody to intrinsic factor, a secretory product of gastric parietal cells.
Intrinsic factor autoantibodies, present in serum and gastric juice, can block intrinsic factor from binding vitamin B12 and hinder the absorption by receptors in the ileum.
AUTOZYME® IFAB is for the quantitative or semi-quantitative detection of antibodies to Intrinsic factor in human sera or plasma to aid the diagnosis of pernicious anaemia in conjunction with other laboratory tests and clinical findings.
It is a solid phase immunoassay. The wells are coated with recombinant intrinsic factor antigen followed by blocking the untreated sites to reduce non-specific binding.
The AUTOZYME® IFAB Anti-Intrinsic Factor Antibodies Assay is an easy, rapid and sensitive method allowing the detection of total anti-intrinsic factor antibodies. The use of recombinant intrinsic factor as antigen ensures the specificity of the method.
- Easy, rapid and sensitive method
- Solid phase immunoassay
- Antigen: recombinant intrinsic factor - no cross reactivity with Parietal Cell Antibodies
- Calibration: 6 calibrators (quantitative) or cut-off control (semi-quantitative)
- Dilution: 1/100 (5μl sample+ 495μl diluent)
- No interference from Direct and Total Bilirubin, Haemoglobin, Triglycerides, RF
- Serum and Plasma (EDTA, citrate, heparin) samples
- TMB Substrate
- Multiple use: microplates suitable for small and large users - no waste
Z4396: AUTOZYME® IFAB - download the datasheet.