The Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) assay is intended for the quantitative determination of paracetamol (acetaminophen) in human serum or plasma on clinical chemistry analysers or by manual spectrophotometric assays.
The method is based on the use of an enzyme specific for the amide bond of acylated aromatic amines. It cleaves the paracetamol molecule, yielding p-aminophenol, which reacts specifically with o-cresol in ammoniacal copper solution to produce a blue colour. The assay is specific for the parent compound and does not detect paracetamol metabolites.
Our ‘Gold Standard’ kit is adaptable for use on multiple clinical chemistry systems and is available as either a 2 reagent kit, K8003 or as a 3 reagent kit K8002.
The intended use is for the quantitative measurement of paracetamol in serum / plasma as an aid to monitor and diagnose paracetamol overdose.
Benefits of the Cambridge Life Sciences Paracetamol Assay Kit:
- Unique recombinant enzyme - exclusive to CLS
- This recombinant enzyme offers unmatched batch to batch consistency
- Adaptable for use on multiple clinical chemistry systems
- Reportable range is 3-756mg/L, meaning less dilutions, more time efficient and reduced wastage of reagents. This covers both therapeutic and toxic levels
- Long shelf life - 24 months from the date of manufacture, reducing the number of batch changes for the end user
- On board stability is 28 days, allowing for reagents to be left on the system
- Calibration is every 7 days, resulting in reduced down time and reduced wastage of reagents
- Next day delivery - we manufacture in-house in the UK and hold stock, reducing the end users need to hold large quantities of stock
- Trusted and established products - in use by hospital labs for over 20 years. Our customers tell us CLS is the Gold Standard for Paracetamol assay
There is no interference from up to 1g/L N-acetyl cysteine or Paracetamol metabolites. Linearity is 0.02 - 5.00 mmol/L (3 - 756 mg/L) using sera calibrators. Sera calibrators, K8100 are available separately too.
To find out more about our high performance Paracetamol kit, please call us on 01353 645 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org